There are a number of reasons that one would like to invest in a dog crate.
Not only is it safer for the pet, but it also becomes more convenient for the owner.
In this article, we take a look at 5 different models of dog cages 30 inches and try to see which one is best suited for different needs.
What To Look For While Buying a Cage?
Some things need to be looked at while investing in a crate. These are:
- Material: Needless to say, the most important aspect of any structure in the form. A dog crate must be stable enough to ensure that it does not break under pressure.
Metal frames that are normally used should be able to withstand any pressure and impact.
- Overall Design: The reason one invests in a dog crate is to ensure the safety of the pet.
To make sure that the investment is sound, looking out for attributes such as multiple doors, internal divisions, and secure bolts is a good idea.
- Ease of Use: Since the dog crate also caters to the owner’s convenience, paying close attention to how easily it can be handled is also a primary need.
There are some options when it comes to dog cages these days. While all of the options are great in terms of materials or overall efficiency, some models are better than the others. In this section, we take a look at the best features of each model.
Best Dog Crates
I have created a list of best dog crates with complete benchmarks for you.
- Midwest iCrate Single-Door: Surely, this strong dog crate 30-inch size makes it ideal for big dogs. It sets up simply and can be installed without the use of tools by anyone.
- Midwest iCrate Two Doors: the dog crate contains two plastic handles on the side to make it easy to carry the dog crate from one location to the next.
- Midwest Life Stages Collapsible: The crate consists of a divider panel in order for you to set the right size for the puppy from the start.
- Midwest LIFE STAGES Front Door: the crate comes equipped with the security and the safe slide and bold latches that make the crate safe.
- ProSelect Easy: The crate has doors not only on the sides but also on the front.
The 5 Best Wire Dog Crates 30-inch
|Product Name|| |
Midwest iCrate Single-Door Dog Crate
Read the Review
Midwest iCrate Two Doors Dog Crate
Read the Review
Midwest Life Stages Collapsible Metal Dog Crate
Read the Review
Midwest LIFE STAGES Front Door Dog Crate
Read the Review
Petedge Easy Wire Dog Crate
Read the Review
|Pros||They are made of secure slide-bolt latches, rounded corners and durable coat finish hence making it one of the durable dog houses in this category.||This Dog Crate is designed completely based on safety, comfort and security of your dog. It carries a configuration that does not require any use of any tools hence, it can be completed by anyone.||This crate is built entirely around comfort, security and safety of your dog. Its floor is made from a material that is easy to clean and that is inert hence, does not react with the substances subjected into.||Thanks to its divider, this crate is suitable for growing dogs and could also come in handy if you have two smaller dogs. Additionally, your dog will also appreciate being able to see what is happening outside the crate.||The Petedge Easy Wire Dog Crate is spacious and comfortable and offers ample room for a blanket or dog bed. Better yet, it boasts not one but two latches, to ensure that your dog is secured safely and won’t get out unless you’ve unlocked both latches.|
|Cons||The initial set up of this Pet Crate is a pain as it is a little bit complicated to set it up hence in some instances; it calls for a specialist which means paying more money.||The way it is packaged during transportation from the manufacturer considers only space and not the ease of setting up by the user hence it is a major setback of a product.||Like other crates from the same company, this pet crate is headache to set up. This is because it has a complicated set up strategies hence in some instances, it needs you to call out for the help of a specialist which means more money paid for buying and setting it up.||If you have a strong dog, or a particularly perceptive one, then they may figure out that they can get out the way they got in. The metal bends easily under pressure and a stressed dog with separation anxiety would be able to damage it.||The crate’s slide out floor tray seems a little too small as there is a few inches of extra space on each side of the tray. However, the wasted space is minimal and is not cause for concern.|
|Best Uses||The top most feature of this model is its divider panel and composite plastic pan. Both of these additions are crucial when it comes to ensuring that the pet is comfortable and lives in hygienic conditions.||Not only that, they also have a fold/collapse option that makes it easier to transport the crate around.||This model is great for those who have larger sized Dogs. The model has been designed keeping in mind the needs of a larger dog. In addition to that it is also easy to clean.||Thus is the only crate available with adjustable living spaces. That means that it prioritises the dog’s comfort and safety more than anything else. The single entrance ensures that the dog is protected at all times.||This is one of the few models that is equipped with a dual latching door. The overall principle behind this model is one of safety and convenience. It also includes a slide out floor tray that makes cleaning easier.|
|Product Dimensions||30 x 19 x 21 inches ; 18 pounds||30 x 19 x 21 inches ; 18 pounds||30 x 21 x 24 inches ; 25 pounds||30 x 21 x 24 inches ; 22 pounds||31.5 x 20.3 x 4.3 inches|
The Dog Crates that we have mentioned above are the best in 2019.
The average cost of a dog crate 30-inch is $35-$40. While the Midwest range is usually moderately priced between $30-$45, the Pretedge is one of the most cost-intensive models. At $50, it is certainly more expensive than the other models. However, it also boasts of some features that can be convenient for the owner. The SmithBuilt model, on the other hand, is priced at a lower figure of $25. This is great for those who are looking for both security and cost reduction.
Some of the major disadvantages that can only be detected after the purchase has been made are:
- Durability: Many of the models are not durable over the long term. This is because the metal tends to get either corroded or becomes more malleable over time. That means that the structure of the crate does not hold and can become ineffective in terms of protecting the pet.
- Inconvenience: One of the other things that can come up after the crate has been bought is an inconvenience during handling. This is because sometimes the doors get unhinged.
Determining Comfort Levels
Some crates such as the Midwest Life Stages Folding Door Crate or the Pretedge Dog Crate 30-inch are more comfortable for the pets. This is because the crates are more spacious and have divider panels that can help in adjusting living spaces.
Transport and Travel
Since these crates are designed to make the experience easy for the owners, they are normally suitable for car travel. The best car models when it comes to the Midwest crates are SUVs, Sedans or trucks. This ensures that both the dog and the owner are comfortable in the car space.